Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's almost Thanksgiving!!

November is just flying by!!! It's kind of exciting that all of the holidays are coming up, but I wish they weren't coming so fast!

We had lots of fall activities in October and then ended the month with a trip to Pittsburgh to celebrate Grandma Beardsley's 80th birthday... her party happened to fall on the same weekend as Halloween. It was a perfect time to head up there. The kids had a blast with all of their cousins and we enjoyed spending time with everyone!

October was a good month in the Beardsley household! Not only did Nicole get awarded Citizen of the Month, but Mike was also awarded Sailor of the Quarter. We are so happy he was finally recognized for busting his ass at work! We were thrilled too, about Nicole's award-- in just her second month of real school! Ya that's right, she's a bad ass like Mom & Dad :) There's a Citizen of the Month post below for you to enjoy!

I'm going to register for a class on Monday! I'm officially going back to school. Don't get overly excited, I'm only attempting one class this first go round. Don't want to get too crazy! Going to slowly go up in my class load in the next couple of years so that once Aubrey hits first grade I will have all my prerequisites finished and I can enter into a nursing program here. Anyway, that's the plan as of now. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Thanks to Cyndy, I have become addicted to the Twilight series of books. Can't say Mike is too thrilled (God forbid I crack open a book), but I LOVE them and have recommended them to all of my friends. I have gotten two of my friends addicted as well and hope to get more on the bandwagon. There's a movie coming out at the end of next week- I'm counting down the days! I can't wait, can't wait!!!

That's pretty much the latest here in VB. Nothing too exciting going on for Thanksgiving. Just our little family celebrating this year. Mike has big ham plans. We figured he couldn't possibly screw up a ham....we have had the worst luck with turkeys the last few years. I think I'm helping with a Thanksgiving feast at both schools which will be a first for me. I'm excited!

We are making the trip to Pittsburgh for Christmas. Gosh, I think the last time we went up for Christmas Nicole was 2! We'll head up on the 24th and arrive just in time for the big event at Mike's parent's/ Grandma Howe's house. Yes, we probably planned our arrival in order to miss all the prep time-- can get a little crazy when everyone is in party mode. Haha! The fact that there's also some Steelers tickets for the game on the 28th laying around may or may not have been a factor in deciding our travel plans this year (wink, wink). Anyway, we are definitely looking forward to going up there and celebrating the holiday with everyone!!!

So that's it. I'm sure there will be another update after Thanksgiving. Things are a tad slow right now, but there's lots of events coming up. Hope you are all doing well! Miss & love you all :)

Check out the new posts below!

No comments: