Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The beginning of the end

First of all, I'd like to give a shout out to my husband for making the cool slides for our slideshow that you will find at the bottom of the page. It's awesome! Thanks Mike! Please scroll down to check it out :)

I think today is the official start to the end of our summer.

Tonight is "Meet the Coaches" night for soccer....which we signed Nicole up for the fall season. Tomorrow night is Aubrey's preschool orientation. Thursday night is Nicole's Kindergarten open house....and then school starts next Tuesday!!!!! WOW!

I have to apologize for being gone so long again. I tell you what, time has just flown by this summer! Mike would like to say it's been the summer from hell and "never again will he do this much driving!" Whatever! Yes, we are all pretty much worn out, but it's been fun for the most part!

Ok, so since we last posted, we've been to Myrtle Beach, The Outer Banks, and to Pittsburgh...I guess that does sound like a lot of traveling! Anyway, you'll find lots and lots of pictures below that highlight the last few activities of the summer. Oh, and that includes a fun Jonas Brothers post!

So what's next on our agenda? School, soccer, and dance. School starts next week for both of the girls. That means Nicole will be on the bus- ahhhh!!! I just don't see how I'm going to be able to drop her and pick her up everyday....so the bus it is! She's a tad nervous, but I think she'll be fine once she gets the hang of it. Aubrey starts preschool next week as well. I'm really excited because she'll be with the teachers Nicole had the first year she went and we absolutely love them! We'll learn more about our soccer schedule tonight hopefully. She'll have practice sometime in the evening during the week and then games on Saturday mornings. Last, but not least, both girls will be in dance on Thursday afternoons. I was able to find a class that both can be in-- how convenient!!! It's a tap/ballet class. This is Aubrey's first official activity besides preschool so I'm very excited for her!!!

That's really it, I guess. Oh, wait, did I mention Mike is leaving again? I don't know why I am saying again, the guy rarely has to go anywhere....but ya, he's leaving. And he's going to miss Aubrey's birthday which totally figures. You know, every time they schedule him on a trip it's during some one's birthday. How lame is that? LAME! The only reason he was here for mine & Nicole's bdays was because he had appendicitis. I guess I shouldn't complain, but it does suck.

Hopefully, I will be more on top of the blog since our activities are starting up again. I know I'll be posting lots of first day of school pictures, soccer pics, and dance pics so be ready!

Miss you all.....enjoy the blog!

No comments: