Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Most depressing play date ever

I'm blogging this basically because I feel like I should.....if you get sad easily and don't feel like crying today, you might want to skip this post.

We attended a play date yesterday at a classmate from last year's house. Her bff, Jordan, and her Mom also attended, along with a couple of other ladies & their children. I hadn't met either of them before, but had seen them in the hallway of Nicole's school. We sat there and talked, the kids played..... then the host Mom says to one of the other Moms, "I have to ask you something personal, I don't how to, but Kaleb has been saying stuff and I just don't know if it's true." Without her saying anything else the Mom replies, "Yes, my husband passed away in July". I sat there looking at her waiting for her to say that he was killed in a car accident....something.....and then she says that he was a Navy Seal and that he was killed in a humvee in Iraq. My heart instantly broke for her. Tears started flowing....not from her, from me, from Jordan's Mom. It was awful. I just couldn't believe it. I felt an instant sadness for this young Mom and her three little children. She's my age, he was my age. She held her composure and told us all about it, told us how she was notified. It was so heartbreaking! I never could imagine......

Anyway, now that I have completely depressed you, please say a prayer for this woman and her family....two young sons and a little daughter just 18 months old.

Here's a link to an article about him http://www.courant.com/news/specials/hc-ctwar-casualty-jlewis,0,2095361.story

No comments: